Monday 24 September 2012

Eggless vanilla cupcakes

Everyone in our family enjoys cupcakes . However we are vegetarians and hence are not able to buy cupcakes from shops ad most of them contain egg.
 
   So my quest to make eggless cupcakes at home bean.
 
  Here is my recipie for eggless vanilla cupcakes with chocolate butter icing

    Instead of eggs I have used egg replacer
   
 
Ingredients
Self raising flour - 1 cup
Butter(at room temperature) - 125 grams
Caster sugar - 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - 1/2 Tsp
Eggreplacer - 2 large tsp
Milk - 3 tbsp
Method
1. To mix egg replacer
 Take 2 tsp of egg replacer and add about 4 tsp of water to it .mix well so that it has a medium egg like consistency.

Add butter ,caster sugar ,vanilla extract and mix with a hand mixer.now add the egg replacer which u have made. Add the self raising flour to it. Mix again .Add milk warmed for 10 sec to this mixture .Mix well with hand mixer. Do not over mix.

Spoon the mixture in cupcake cases and keep them in muffin pan. Preheat the oven at 180 deg .
Bake for about 15 min or until a knife comes out clean .
I used my cupcake maker so its very easy ,makes cupcakes in 12 min .

For the icing
I used Chelsea rich chocolate icing sugar.So all you have to do is add butter and a little warm water to it and you get a rich thick icing. I added 1 tsp of butter and 1 tsp of water.Add water carefully otherwise the icing will become too watery.

I made 6 big cupcakes from the quantity given above and I used 1 cup of chelsea icing sugar tomake the icing .I have put a very thin layer of icing as my children dont like too much of it ,however u can make icing according to your taste.

Spread the icing on the cupcake once theyare cooled and I decorated with 100's and 1000's



And now the final result








No comments:

Post a Comment